MARU GROUP LIMITED ("We") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. For the purposes of data protection legislation we are the data controller. Our Data Protection Officer is Jay Davidson and he can be contacted by email to email@example.com.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy should be read in conjunction with our Data Processing Policy. By visiting www.marugroup.net you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.marugroup.net ("our site") or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL),] clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- both identifiable and unidentifiable personal data via digital methodol collect information.
We use "cookies" to gather statistical information that helps us understand what users find interesting and useful on both our own and our clients' websites. Users can decline the cookies by adjusting the "accept cookies" setting on their browser, however, this may affect the functionality of our surveys on client web sites. We may also embed a piece of code into pages of certain client sites. This gives us statistical site usage information about how the site is used. We aggregate this information to provide our clients with a closer understanding of how visitors use their site. We do not use this code to collect any personally identifiable information.
Uses made of the information
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and clients; this is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person or organisation.
Surveys and Panels. Where information is volunteered and subsequently collected that can identify the respondent this is used to provide insights and information that allow our clients to create more efficient and effective products and services to their customers. No contact will be made to individual respondents unless specifically authorised by that respondent.
Competitions and Draws. Where individual information is required to identify a winner of a competition or draw this may be revealed to the appropriate client. Please refer to individual competition rules which will refer to the requirements for publicity of winners' names.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners and customers;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Maru Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we store your personal data for
We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for us to fulfil the purpose for which it was obtained, provided that we have a reasonable commercial case for doing so, and for 2 years thereafter.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or personal profiling. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
In addition to the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes you also have the right to:
- request access to a copy of all personal data which we hold about you;
- require inaccurate data which we hold about you to be corrected and rectified;
- require us to erase any personal data which we hold about you where:
- the original purpose for which we obtained your personal data has expired;
- you have withdrawn your consent to us holding your personal data;
- you consider us to be unlawfully processing your personal data; or
- you object to us processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- have your personal data transferred by us to another data controller or to us from another data controller; and
- restrict us from processing your personal data whilst any dispute that may arise between us is being resolved.
You can also exercise any of your rights, including the right to withdraw your consent, at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Under current data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. Any access request will be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to this policy
MARU encourages you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed of how we manage your personal information. If any changes are made to this Policy, MARU will revise the “Last Updated” date that is indicated on the Policy.
Last Updated: January 24, 2018